Sunday, March 1, 2009

DOGS

My garden has a dog problem.

Well...the ones in the big part of the back yard do. That's where the dogs and kids play. I realize I can't have a richly landscaped space back there just now, but I would like to have a plant or two. And it's really the only place I can see to put my big square foot garden box (it goes along the back wall and is 8 feet by 3 feet).

So the dogs have made HUGE holes in the lawn in general. What - are they trying to get to China??! I dunno. The dog trainers say pay more attention to the dogs, but they do get plenty of attention. Fact is they HAVE to be left outside for periods of time and there's nothing we can do about it.

Then I started to make the mix and fill the SFG box. I needed to get my onions in a month ago, but they're still not in. Why? DOGS! Dogs sleeping, digging and POOPING in my SFG box! So I'm not sure what to do now. Sure, I could fence it. I guess I'll have to. Durn dogs!!!! Photobucket

No comments: